Proof of immunization required at select City of Winnipeg operated facilities, for in-person programming

Proof of immunization required at select City of Winnipeg operated facilities, for in-person programming

Released: 8:06 p.m.

Winnipeg, MB – In accordance with provincial public health orders announced today, proof of immunization is required to visit City-operated pools, fitness and leisure centres, and arenas beginning September 3, 2021. In addition, those participating in indoor programming at these facilities, as well as City libraries, are required to show proof of immunization.

Individuals that do not show proof of immunization will not be permitted to enter the facility or participate in indoor programming, unless they fall under an exemption in the provincial public health orders.

Customers are encouraged to bring a piece of government-issued ID to confirm that their identity matches their COVID-19 immunization card.

The City will continue to review the latest provincial public health orders to determine whether there are any additional impacts to City programs and services.

Provincial officials have recommended that organizations follow the province’s lead in mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for their employees.

Towards that end, and to align our efforts with those of the province where appropriate, we are working on a vaccine mandate for our front-line employees who have ongoing contact with vulnerable populations, especially children. More information will be provided in the coming days.

We continue to encourage our employees who are able, to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

We also remain committed to requiring masks inside City-operated facilities and on-board Transit vehicles, encouraging residents and staff to review a self-assessment symptom checklist and to stay home if they are feeling ill, enforcing indoor capacity limits, and encouraging physical distancing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.

For more information on the City’s response to COVID-19, see:

Was this information helpful?

How can we make this web page better?

Information collected will be used to improve our website. Do not use this form to submit a request for service or information because it will not be forwarded to departments for response. To submit a request for service or information, contact 311.

This form is not intended to collect personal information; however, any personal information you choose to include in your comments is collected by the City of Winnipeg under the authority of section 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of improving our website and will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes, except as authorized by law. Contact the Corporate Access and Privacy Officer by mail (City Clerk’s Department, Susan A. Thompson Building, 510 Main Street, Winnipeg MB, R3B 1B9) or by telephone (311) if you have any questions about the collection of this information.

Ces renseignements sont-ils utiles?

Comment pourrait-on améliorer cette page Web?

Les renseignements recueillis serviront à l’amélioration de notre site Web. Prière de ne pas se servir de ce formulaire pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, car la demande ne sera pas transmise au service en question. Pour soumettre une demande de service ou de renseignements, veuillez communiquer avec le 311.

Le présent formulaire ne vise pas à recueillir des renseignements personnels. Cependant, les renseignements personnels que vous choisissez d’inclure dans vos commentaires sont recueillis par la Ville de Winnipeg en conformité avec l’alinéa 36(1)b) de la Loi sur l’accès à l’information et la protection de la vie privée dans le but d’améliorer son site Web et ne seront ni utilisés ni divulgués pour d’autres raisons, sauf dans les cas où cela est autorisé par la loi. Communiquez avec l’agent de l’accès à l’information et de la protection de la vie privée de la Ville par courrier au Bureau du greffier, immeuble Susan-A.-Thompson, 510, rue Main, Winnipeg (Manitoba) R3B 1B9, ou par téléphone au 311 si vous avez des questions sur la collecte de ces renseignements.

View original article here Source