Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responds to a fire on Mayfair Avenue
Released: 8:32 a.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At 10:42 p.m. on Thursday, September 2, 2021, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responded to reports of a fire in a vacant three-storey house in the 100 block of Mayfair Avenue.
When crews arrived on scene, they encountered a well-involved fire with heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure. A defensive attack was launched and once fire conditions improved, crews attempted to transition to an interior, offensive attack, but they were quickly forced out due to the level of damage inside. The fire was declared under control at 12:45 a.m. and crews remained on scene through the night extinguishing hot spots using aerial ladders and hand lines.
No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is under investigation. No damage estimates are available at this time but the structure is considered to be a complete loss. It had previously been damaged by fire in 2018.
Road closures to accommodate Manitoba Marathon
Released: 4:54 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – A number of Winnipeg streets will be temporarily closed this weekend to accommodate the Manitoba Marathon.
Chancellor Matheson Road – Research Way to University Crescent will close at 2 a.m. on September 4 and reopen at 3 p.m. on September 5.
The following streets will be closed from 2 a.m. to 3 p.m. on September 5:
- University Crescent – Chancellor Matheson Road to Pembina Highway
- Northbound Thatcher Drive – University Crescent to Glengarry Drive
- Westbound Glengarry Drive – Thatcher Drive to Agassiz Drive
- Southbound Agassiz Drive – Glengarry Drive to Wedgewood Drive
- Westbound Wedgewood Drive – Agassiz Drive to University Crescent
- Northbound Pembina Highway – University Crescent to Chevrier Boulevard
- Westbound Bishop Grandin Boulevard to northbound Pembina Highway
- Fort Garry Bridge at Bishop Grandin Boulevard
- Westbound Bishop Grandin Boulevard – River Road to Fort Garry Bridge
- Northbound River Road – Bishop Grandin Boulevard to St. Vital Road
- Westbound St. Vital Road – Dunkirk Drive to River Road
- Northbound Dunkirk Drive – St. Vital Road to eastbound Kingston Row
- Westbound Kingston Row – northbound Dunkirk Drive to Kingston Crescent
- Southbound Riverdale Street – Jubilee Avenue to its endpoint
- Eastbound Jubilee Avenue – Riverdale Street to Riverside Drive
- Southbound Riverside Drive – Jubilee Avenue to Merriam Boulevard
- Eastbound Merriam Boulevard – Pembina Highway to Riverside Drive
- Northbound Pembina Highway – Merriam Boulevard to Point Road
- Westbound Point Road – Oakenwald Avenue to Pembina Highway
- Westbound Oakenwald Avenue – North Drive to Point Road
- Northbound North Drive – South Drive to Oakenwald Avenue
- Northbound South Drive – Crane Avenue to Wildwood Park
- Westbound Crane Avenue – South Drive to Stretford Road
- Eastbound Crescent Drive – Pembina Highway to Crane Avenue
Transit service will be rerouted at many points throughout the closures. Follow @TransitAlerts on Twitter for details and updates.
For regular updates on City of Winnipeg lane closures and to view lane closures on an interactive map, please visit City of Winnipeg – Regional Lane Closures.
Download and use the Waze app for real-time traffic and incident updates.
View original article here Source