Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responds to fire on Beaverbrook Street
Released: 5:47 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At 2:38 p.m. on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to reports of a fire in a one-storey home in the 500 block of Beaverbrook Street.
At the scene, crews saw smoke coming from the home. Crews attacked the fire from the inside and it was under control at 3:11 p.m.
All occupants got out safely. No one was injured. Preliminary observations suggest the fire was accidental and related to cooking.
To avoid a fire, remember these tips:
- Always stay in the kitchen while cooking. Turn off stove burners when you leave the kitchen, even for a short time.
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop, including oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains.
- Heat oil slowly. If cooking oil catches fire and the fire is small and manageable, use a kitchen fire extinguisher or cover the pot with a metal lid. Never use water to put out an oil fire.
- Learn about cooking safety and how to prevent a fire in your kitchen.
- Have an escape plan for your home and practice it often.
View original article here Source