Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service responds to gas leak on Wall Street
Released: 12:40 p.m.
Winnipeg, MB – At 9:02 a.m. on June 22, 2021, the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) responded to reports of a gas leak in the 900 block of Wall Street. When crews arrived on scene, they encountered a natural gas line that was damaged during construction activities.
Gas was venting safely into the atmosphere; however, as a precaution, several nearby buildings were temporarily evacuated. WFPS crews also monitored gas readings in adjacent buildings. No injuries were reported
Manitoba Hydro has pinched off the gas line and is currently completing repairs. The Winnipeg Police Service remains on scene to redirect traffic. Traffic access will be re-opened in the area once repairs are completed later today.
View original article here Source