St. Laurent School – Support Teacher
0.50 FTE – Limited Term Contract
The Prairie Rose School Division acknowledges that it is in Treaty 1 territory and that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.
0.50 FTE Term Student Support Teacher commencing ASAP till June 30, 2023. This position supports a small group of middle and senior years’ students.
• Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
• Special Education Certificate (completed or in progress)
• Minimum 3 years of teaching/resource experience in a middle and/or senior years setting, with an emphasis on program development and at-risk student intervention while working within an established continuum of services for referral procedures
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Experience and Abilities
• Experience, proficiency and understanding of middle and senior years’ pedagogy and curriculum
• Implement outcome-based assessment and evaluation models
• Knowledge/ability to implement student services support
• Knowledge/ability to support youth subjected to trauma and physical, emotional, and sexual abuse and exploitation
• Implement various assessment techniques and strategies
• Structure and support individualized plans for student learning and/or behaviour
• Facilitate transition planning process
• Highly committed to, and knowledgeable about, Indigenous education
• Experience working with Indigenous youth
• Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous educational resources and an understanding of Indigenous youth and family cultural needs
• Effective differentiated instruction skills
• Excellent organizational and classroom management
• Work collaboratively and independently
• Communicate effectively with students, caregivers, and guardians
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Bobby Ellis, Interim St. Laurent School Principal at 204-646-2209
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include an up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: November 29, 2022
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.
View original article here Source