St. François Xavier School – Classroom Teacher
1.0 FTE General Term Teacher Contract
The Prairie Rose School Division acknowledges that it is in Treaty 1 territory and that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, and the homeland of the Métis Nation. We respect the Treaties that were made on these territories, we acknowledge the harms and mistakes of the past, and we dedicate ourselves to move forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in a spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.
1.0 FTE Classroom Teacher commencing September 6, 2022 to December 21, 2022 or the return of the incumbent.
Duties include all Grade 2 courses.
• Valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Experience and Abilities
• Training and recent successful experience teaching both literacy and numeracy knowledge and skills in a variety of curriculum areas at the applicable grade level. Experience teaching phonemic awareness (Orton-Gillingham) is considered an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a positive classroom learning environment that engages students in active learning experiences.
• Experience in differentiating instruction to create success in learning for each student.
• Experience in integrating appropriate technologies into instructional practices in order to improve learning outcomes for students.
• Experience, proficiency and understanding of applicable grade pedagogy and curriculum.
• Implement applicable grade outcome-based assessment and evaluation models.
• Knowledge/ability to implement student services support.
• Excellent organizational and classroom management.
• Work collaboratively and independently.
• Communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
• Familiarity with Google G Suite is an asset.
• Fluency (oral and written) in both official languages (French & English) is considered an asset.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Marc Tellier, St. François Xavier School Principal at 204-864-2868.
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include an up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: June 9, 2022
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division. Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.
View original article here Source