AK1 Accounting Clerk
Department of Families
Disability Programs & Specialized Services , Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37523
Salary(s): AK1 $42,498.00 – $48,607.00 per year
Closing Date: May 6, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time Accounting Clerk position within Centralized Services and Resources and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have satisfactory criminal records check with vulnerable sector search, adult abuse registry check and child abuse registry check
- Experience working in a financial or accounting clerk role
- Experience reviewing, assessing, coding and processing payments
- Experience using Microsoft office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Experience maintaining accuracy and paying attention to detail, as required in activities such as processing invoices, entering data and calculations
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize assignments and work under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to review information, interpret policies and ensure compliance with program requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact and maintain good working relationships with staff, internal and external clients, stakeholders and the public
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise information to staff, clients and stakeholders
- Effective written communication skills with the ability to prepare status reports and respond to inquiries from various stakeholders
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience working with an automated accounting system (such as SAP, inFACT or other Information Management Systems) including data entry and running reports
Reporting to Program Managers, the incumbent is responsible for complex and diversified accounting functions related to expenditures, recoveries, reconciliations, and cost-sharing using the inFACT application. This includes the initial preparation of various financial reports required in presenting a complete overall picture of expenditures relating to multi-million dollar budgets. It also includes maintaining a client base financial management information system as well as both financial and demographic information for External agencies/Family vendors.
Advertisement # 37523
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source