Accounts Payable Clerk
CL3 Clerk 3 – Two positions: Term Full-Time, Regular Full-time
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Financial Services, Corporate Services
Advertisement Number: 39683
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: August 25, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Financial Services develops and administers corporate financial policy and oversight. It also provides centralized accounting and financial services in support of the department and central government.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in a related field and/or relevant experience.
- Experience processing accounts payable transactions.
- Experience working with accounting systems (Ex. SAP Financial and Procurement Modules).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Written communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organizational and time management skills including the ability to meet tight deadlines.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing financial transactions including review and payment of invoices, centralized billings, credit card statements and contracts. The incumbent will also be responsible for the posting of general ledger, adjusting entries through SAP (Government’s integrated accounting application) and associated pre- and post-audit functions.
Advertisement # 39683
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source