Accounts Payable Clerk
Department of Central Services
Manitoba Water Services Branch, Capital Projects Planning and Delivery
Advertisement Number: 36904
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: January 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba Water Services Branch (MWSB) has been providing assistance to rural Manitobans for over 50 years in the development of safe, affordable and sustainable water and wastewater infrastructure. The Branch provides technical and financial assistance to municipalities and water cooperatives in the development, transmission, distribution and control of water supplies, and also for the collection, treatment and disposal of municipal wastewater. The Water Services Branch is looking for strong team players, high performing and enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Post-secondary education related to Business Administration with accounting specialization and related accounts payable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounts Payable experience including ensuring that accurate records and controls are in place.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel including using formulas to develop complex spreadsheets.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable including preparing invoices, analyzing records and record management.
- Experience with accounting software such as Great Plains, QuickBooks, Sage, etc.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle conflicting priorities, deadlines and scheduling conflicts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to use sound judgement with dealing with public and staff.
- Ability to display initiative and problem solve.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Reporting to the Financial Officer, this position is responsible for day-to-day preparation and processing of accounts payable for the Manitoba Water Services Branch by: reviewing invoices for accuracy, ensuring all guidelines are followed, coding invoices according to project and expenditure by researching new Treasury Board approvals or by verifying water treatment plant expenditures. The candidate will develop and maintain complex control spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel to reconcile payments to date and verify balances remaining on contracts. This position will review monthly and ensure a year-end analysis of payables is completed so that invoices are received. If discrepancies are found on invoices, will assess and resolve with suppliers. The candidate will also prepare accounts receivable invoices for water consumption at Water Treatment Plants and after approval, forward to municipality for payment. Using the water meter readings from the municipalities the candidate will also compare and review readings for accuracy and notify the Maintenance Engineer if there are large variances. The candidate will provide backup to the other clerk in the finance department by: entering invoices into Great Plains accounting program, reviewing employee expense accounts and ensuring the receipts are within allowances that are outlined in the General Manual of Administration, receive recorded cheques and match to accounts receivable, prepare deposit and take to bank for deposit. This candidate will prepare assigned correspondence in a professional and accurate manner and provide assistance to other employee enquires regarding invoices, employee expenses and guidelines.
Advertisement # 36904
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source