Accounts Payable Clerk
CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Central Services
Vehicle and Equipment Management Agency (VEMA)/ Procurement and Supply Chain
Advertisement Number: 38130
Salary(s): CL3 $38,072.00 – $43,670.00 per year
Closing Date: September 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Accounting, this position is responsible for all invoices payable by VEMA as per the Finacial Adminsitration Manual (FAM) under minimal supervison.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Experience processing accounts payable transactions, and maintaining financial records
- Experience providing superior customer service to the public by phone and in person
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team
- Experience working with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner
- Experience managing correspondence and maintaining filing and document tracking systems
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics
- Experience with SAP and KEYS
- Knowledge of VEMA’s products and services
This position is responsible for timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments for vendors of VEMA. Reconciliation of vendor accounts with statements and vendor enquiries for missing payments. These duties include entering data in Great Plains Dynamics and Keys through both manual data entry and uploading of files. Position requires skill in detail for reviewing documents for accuracy and comparing to authorized purchase orders for payment.
Advertisement # 38130
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source