Accounts Receivable and Federal Revenue Financial Officer
FI3 Financial Officer 3
Office of the Provincial Comptroller , Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37738
Salary(s): FI3 $59,179.00 – $72,475.00 per year
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to produce and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
- Enrolment and/or completion of intermediate levels of a recognized accounting designation (CPA) or a diploma/certificate/degree in a recognized accounting program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAPP) in the preparation of financial statements, budgets, budget forecasting, budget variance, efficiency analysis and project costing.
- Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management, reconciliations.
- Experience working with sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to make sound recommendations to senior management.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet tight deadlines in a high pressure environment.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience working with Public Sector Accounting Standards.
- Experience with the Financial Administration Manual and understanding of Government of Manitoba financial systems and policies.
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial policies and procedures related to Cost Shared Agreements.
Under the general direction of the Supervisor, SAP Controlling and Financial Management Systems, Shared Costs and Central Accounts Receivable (A/R), the incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of the day-to-day operations of the corporate Federal-Provincial Shared Cost Accounting Claims System (SCACS), which is integrated within the main central Finance SAP accounting system. The incumbent is responsible for the departmental claims, reconciliations, and preparing Federal-Provincial Cost Shared Claims. The incumbent maintains the related Federal-Provincial revenue records and prepares appropriate financial statements for inclusion in the Public Accounts, while ensuring the integrity of the data within SCACs and providing support to the line departments.
The incumbent performs duties relating to the corporate Accounts Receivable role and functions including government wide year-end reconciliations and reports, and the administration of account set-offs between Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The incumbent prepares all year end supporting documentation for the Public Accounts related to Revenue and Receivables and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Revenue statements for departments and Treasury Board Secretariat.
The incumbent prepares corporate level SAP business intelligence reports monthly, quarterly, and annually and provides to ministries for the purposes of maintaining the integrity and accuracy of balance sheet general ledger accounts. The incumbent monitors, oversees and identifies any deficiencies in ministry sub-ledger records and follows up with those ministries to correct the findings on a timely basis.
The incumbent assists in management of SAP daily activities including master file account maintenance and the reorganization of the FI, CO, Order and FM modules based on the approved Budget structure.
Advertisement # 37738
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source