Administrative Assistant / Bilingual Administrative Assistant
AY3 Administrative Assistant 3
Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning
Various Branches and Divisions
Advertisement Number: 38996
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: April 10, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval in both English and bilingual position.
To be considered for the designated Bilingual Administrative Position, candidates are required to be fluent in spoken and written French and English.
The Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning is seeking qualified individuals to fill various Regular and Term, Full Time Administrative Assistant positions as well as Regular, Full Time Bilingual Administrative Assistant positions.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Fluency in French and English (for designated bilingual positions only).
- Experience performing various administrative support and reception duties including, but not limited to: word processing, processing incoming and outgoing mail, receiving and distributing information, and coordinating meetings, answering phones, etc.
- Experience developing and maintaining filing systems (paper and electronic).
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience editing and formatting formal documents and spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues in a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads, effectively manage deadlines, and be flexible in managing multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under minimal supervision and show initiative.
- Experience in handling highly sensitive material and information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience with data management programs, such as Activities and Issues Management System (AIMS).
- Excellent oral and written communication skill in French.
The Administrative Assistant / Bilingual Administrative Assistant positions are responsible for providing comprehensive and professional administrative support to staff in the department. Primary duties include: daily document tracking, editing correspondence, receiving and processing mail, preparing and updating information in a variety of formats and the maintenance of records and files for the office. These positions are first point of contact for the public and other clients, and must be able to respond to queries as well as direct them to the appropriate personnel.
Advertisement # 38996
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source