Administrative Assistant & Executive Assistant/Office Administrator
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Finance Policy and Legislation
Advertisement Number: 37460
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future Regular, Term, or Acting positions that come available within 12 months. An eligibility list may be established to fill future Regular, Term, or Acting positions that come available within 12 months.
This advertisement is being utilized to fulfil 2 Regular Full-Time AY3 positions and 1 Term Full-Time AY3 position. By applying to this competition your application will be considered for all 3 positions.
Finance Policy and Legislation provides research and analysis to government with respect to national and provincial economic, fiscal and statistical matters; taxation policy and programs; and intergovernmental fiscal arrangements. The division supports the minister, deputy minister and department on corporate and financial services policy matters, issues management, legislation, regulation, and executive management strategic planning. The division also coordinates access to information for Manitoba Finance, Executive Council, Civil Service Commission and Crown Services, and administers the All Charities function.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Extensive experience performing a full range of administrative support duties, such as typing information, entering data, scheduling meetings, managing executive calendars, maintaining electronic and manual filing systems and reception duties.
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicting deadlines
- Experience working with confidential information and handling private and sensitive material.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team.
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience drafting written communication for senior leadership.
- Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to speak in a clear and concise manner.
- Microsoft Office experience including (Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent applications.
- Experience with SAP timekeeping and requisitioning modules.
- Knowledge of, or experience working with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Note: This is only applicable to one of the AY3 positions.
The incumbent provides secretarial, clerical and administrative support services to the Finance Policy and Legislation division. The incumbent handles highly confidential materials and must carry out responsibilities with a high degree of independence in consultation with their Manager. The incumbent assists the Manager in developing work methods and procedures, and modifying existing procedures as required to accommodate an ever-changing environment. The incumbent will act as a support opening and tracking files, requesting records, preparing emails to key groups, preparing template letters, preparing a database of all requests and all ombudsman complaints, and other administrative duties as they come up.
Advertisement # 37460
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source