Administrative Assistant to Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM)
AY4 Administrative Secretary 4
Executive Office, Infrastructure, Capital Projects
Advertisement Number: 36918
Salary(s): AY4 $46,167.00 – $52,578.00 per year
Closing Date: December 24, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Division Executive Office provides executive management and policy direction to the Infrastructure, Capital Projects Division. It oversees and guides the following branches of the division: Capital Planning, Tendering and Contracts, Projects Administration, Major Projects, and Projects Centre of Excellence.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work occasional extended hours.
- Post-secondary education in Office Administration or equivalent combination of education, training & experience may be considered.
- Experience providing administrative support at a senior or executive level including creating and maintaining document tracking systems, coordinating and scheduling meetings, and maintaining files and filing systems (paper and electronic).
- Experience working with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience drafting, proofreading, and formatting various types of correspondence and submissions with a high degree of accuracy.
- Experience researching, analyzing, compiling, and summarizing information.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including political acumen, with the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff at all levels of government as well as the public.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with technology, including personal computers and current Microsoft Software application such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle sensitive and non-routine issues.
The incumbent provides confidential administrative support to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) in a timely, effective and professional manner. This position must interact effectively with members of the public and department employees, liaising/communicating regularly with staff in Deputy Minister, Minister and other MI division offices.
The Administrative Assistant to the ADM performs email management with follow-up, conducts research and compiles information on assigned tasks, proofreads, prepares and ensures timely routing and tracking of authority seeking documents, including Treasury Board Submissions and correspondence. Duties also include ADM calendar management by arranging meetings including researching and preparing meeting information and background.
Advertisement # 36918
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source