Administrative Assistant to the ADM
AY4 Administrative Secretary 4
Department of Central Services
ADM Office , Captial Project Planning and Delivery
Advertisement Number: 36882
Salary(s): AY4 $46,167.00 – $52,578.00 per year
Closing Date: December 3, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Capital Projects Planning and Delivery is a newly created division within the Department of Central Services and is responsible for the delivery of all capital projects for the departments of Justice, Indigenous and Northern Relations, Conservation and Climate, Families, Finance, Education, and Municipal Relations. This brand new division of government consists of capital project management and technical staff from several of these included departments, and this team is coming together for the first time to achieve the united mission of the Central Capital program.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Extensive experience providing support to executive and senior level staff including managing calendars, coordinating meetings, and managing the flow of information in and out of the office.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize workloads, multitask, and work on concurrent assignments with strict deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills with strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Experience developing and /or maintaining paper and electronic files/filing systems and document tracking systems.
- Experience creating or editing documents various types of correspondence, including letters, memos, reports and/or authority seeking documents.
- Experience working with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the public and staff over the telephone and in person.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated political acumen when dealing with matters of sensitive or controversial nature.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise a high level of initiative.
- Experience researching, analyzing, compiling and summarizing information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) and provides confidential administrative support in a timely, effective and professional manner. The incumbent must interact effectively with department employees, staff from other government agencies, and members of the public to ensure a high level of customer service. The incumbent manages the ADM’s inbox, follows up on tasks assigned to branch, manages paper and electronic filing systems, and conducts research and compiles information on assigned tasks. Duties also include managing the ADM’s calendar and arranging meetings, including researching and preparing meeting folders with information and background. Attends and prepares agendas and minutes or notes for meetings chaired by the ADM and other meetings as required. Duties also include making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports.
Advertisement # 36882
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source