Administrative Assistant To The Minister
ATM Administrative Assistant To The Minister
Advertisement Number: 37022
Salary(s): ATM $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year
Closing Date: January 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to future acting status, term or regular appointments. Where established, an eligibility list will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements.
We are currently seeking candidates for the Administrative Assistant to the Minister roles in the Ministers’ offices of Education; Advanced Education, Skills and Immigration; Mental Health, Wellness and Recovery; and Legislative and Public Affairs.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain current and satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be willing and able to work overtime including evenings and/or weekends on occasion
- Must be willing and able to travel within the province on occasion.
- Extensive experience providing administrative and secretarial support to executive and senior level staff
- Extensive experience with scheduling meetings, coordinating appointments, and making travel arrangements
- Experience managing correspondence and maintaining filing and document tracking systems such as Activities and Issues Management System (AIMS) or Shared Information Management System (SIMS)
- Experience working with highly sensitive material in a confidential and professional manner
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with the public and staff over the phone and in person
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including political acumen, with the ability to build working relationships
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to independently establish work priorities to meet strict and changing deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to exercise a high level of initiative
- Excellent written communication skills with experience drafting, formatting, editing and proof reading correspondence
- Thorough knowledge of administrative procedures, legislation and legislative processes, and policies of the Manitoba government
- Experience working in the Manitoba Legislative building environment providing administrative and secretarial support is preferred
Reporting to the Deputy Minister, providing administrative support to the Minister, this position is the office lead, functions as the scheduling coordinator, and provides highly specialized and responsible office administration support under limited executive supervision.
Advertisement # 37022
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source