Administrative Assistant (Various positions)**REVISED**
AY3 Administrative Assistant 3
Department of Education and Early Childhood Learning
System Performance & Accountability; Student Achievement Inclusion; Indigenous Inclusion Directorate
Advertisement Number: 39673
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: August 28, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Some Administrative Assistant positions within the Department are designated as bilingual. For these positions, the successful candidates must be able to read, write and verbally communicate in both official languages (English and French).
Manitoba Education and Early Childhood Learning is seeking qualified individuals to fill various Regular and Term Administrative Assistant positions throughout the Department.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
To be considered for this competition applicants must submit an application form along with their cover letter and resume. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below. If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services (contact information under “Apply to”) to request a copy of the Application Screening Form.
The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience performing various administrative support and reception duties including, but not limited to: word processing, processing incoming and outgoing mail, receiving and distributing information, and coordinating meetings, answering phones, etc.
- Experience developing and/or maintaining paper and electronic filing systems.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) or similar software applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads, effectively manage deadlines, and be flexible in managing multiple projects.
- Effective verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Strong written communication skills, including experience with drafting, reviewing and editing various correspondence such as: letters, memos and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under minimal supervision and show initiative.
- Ability to deal with confidential information with diplomacy and tact.
- Experience with data management programs, such as SAP and/or Activities and Issues Management System (AIMS)
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in French. (Required for designed bilingual positions)
The Administrative Assistant positions are responsible for performing a wide range of secretarial, administrative and clerical tasks. Primary duties include: drafting and editing correspondence, receiving, organizing, circulating, processing, preparing and updating information, and record keeping. These positions are first point of contact for the public and other clients, and must be able to respond to queries as well as direct them to the appropriate personnel.
Advertisement # 39673
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source