CL3 Clerk 3
Department of Families
Northern Region , Rural and Northern Child and Family Services
Flin Flon MB, The Pas MB, Thompson MB, Swan River MB
Advertisement Number: 36730
Salary(s): CL3 $41,212.00 – $47,283.00 per year
Closing Date: December 7, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition will be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions within the Northern Region (Flin Flon, Swan River, The Pas & Thompson), subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 6 months.
For more information about the city of Thompson please visit: https://www.thompson.ca/
For more information about the town of The Pas please visit: http://www.townofthepas.ca/
For more information about the city of Flin Flon please visit: https://www.cityofflinflon.ca/
For more information about the town of Swan River please visit: http://www.swanrivermanitoba.ca/
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search
- Must produce a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must produce a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience performing clerical/administrative functions including accounts payable, data entry, word-processing, reception duties and the tracking and distribution of files
- Effective organizational and time management skills, including the ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy when drafting, formatting, entering, editing and proofing
- Experience with applying policies, procedures and regulations
- Experience handing sensitive information with a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Customer service experience addressing issues and requests from a variety of stakeholders and the public
- Ability to problem-solve a variety of situations where discretion and independent judgement is necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with departmental staff, external agencies, other professionals, and the general public
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Experience with SAP software
- Experience with Department of Families in-house software – SAMIN, CFSIS, CMS and InFact
Reporting to the Administrative Officer, the Administrative Clerk is responsible for the processing of financial and administrative documents pertaining to the various programs within Families Northern Region’s operations. The successful candidate is required to understand and follow policies and procedures of the Government of Manitoba to ensure fiscal and administrative responsibility within the programs and operations of the office. They will also have working knowledge of financial and administrative software programs and other general office duties to support the region and fellow staff.
What we offer:
- A career in a helping and caring profession with the ability to make a profound and lasting impact in the lives of people
- A positive work environment where you can build successful and long-lasting relationships with co-workers who will share their knowledge and expertise with you
- Every day is different with variety in tasks and challenges
- Training from orientation to on-going development within the Department of Families that will give you the tools you need to be successful
- The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan.
- Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Advertisement # 36730
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source