AO2 Administrative Officer 2
Manitoba Executive Council
Advertisement Number: 36899
Salary(s): AO2 $54,318.00 – $65,118.00 per year
Closing Date: December 6, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
In order to ensure that various Agencies, Boards and Commissions (ABCs) can meet their mandate, the Administrative Officer is responsible for the orderly and timely transition of ABC appointments as well as assisting with other projects related to ABCs, such as implementing and managing standard procedures and process across government department with respect to the administration of and appointments to ABCs.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Extensive administrative experience providing independent support to senior officials
- Experience conducting research and analysis (best practices) for development of standard operating procedures
- Experience managing databases
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills, with an attention for detail
- Strong organization skills, with an ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates political acumen
- Experience working with cabinet submissions and orders in council
- Experience using diligent
- Ensuring all deadlines and assignments are being met and with an eye to ensuring all work is at the highest standard.
- Works very closely with staff within the various Ministers’ offices.
- Responds to all enquiries from various provincial departments and the public.
- Provides effective management and is responsible for other day-to-day administrative matters and related problem-solving as it relates to appointments of government agencies, boards and commissions.
- Ensuring the accuracy and appropriate content of Cabinet documents, as well as processing and responding to applications from Manitobans wishing to serve on the various Agencies Boards and Commissions.
Advertisement # 36899
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source