AO1 Administrative Officer 1
Department of Health, Seniors, and Active Living
Non-Insured Benefits, Insurance
Advertisement Number: 37205
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: March 8, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created from this competition that would be in effect for 12 months. Positions from the eligibility list could be term or regular, and be in other departments.
Non-Insured Benefits leads the planning, management and administration of sustainable publicly-funded insurance programs for prescription medications, ancillary services and devices, financial support and related residential charges for residents of licensed personal care homes.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able and willing to work over time, as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Office Administration, or a related program. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize work to meet strict and often competing deadlines.
- Experience developing, interpreting and applying policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, terms and/or conditions.
- Experience supervising staff, including assigning and overseeing work, managing performance, and motivating direct reports.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex information to internal and external clients.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and decision making skills to find solutions through negotiation, consultation and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels of government and external stakeholders.
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong written communication skills with experience drafting and editing correspondence.
- Experience in handling highly sensitive material and information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Experience using the principles of change management to manage change initiatives.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Officer is responsible for developing and implementing all internal branch administrative polices and standard operating procedures, operational and process improvement initiatives, as well as the management and oversight of administrative staff which support all units within the Branch.
The Administrative Officer will do research, compile and prepare reports, manuals, and correspondence. This role is also responsible for managing the office, including space planning and equipment needs.
Advertisement # 37205
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source