AO1 Administrative Officer
Office of the Fire Commissioner
Advertisement Number: 37977
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: September 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future term or regular full-time similar positions, subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC), Municipal Relations is looking for an Administrative officer who will be responsible for providing effective top-level professional administrative, communication, financial coordination and clerical support services to the different branches of the OFC in support of day to day functions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able and willing to travel within the Province of Manitoba with occasional overnight stays as required
- Experience providing professional or high-level administrative support function to a team of professionals
- Experience coordinating financial activities related to budget preparation and monitoring, expenditures processing and cash flow monitoring
- Experience coordinating and implementing administrative policies and process improvement initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills for establishing solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to exercise judgment and decision-making skills on moderately complex administrative issues
- Profiency in Microsoft Office suite notably Excel and Word programs
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills for preparing office correspondence
- Knowledge of the Finance module of Systems, Applications, and Products (SAP) software.
Reporting to the Fire Commissioner, you will provide administrative and financial leadership across the organization and to the Fire Commissioner in support of day to day functions. Ensuring all aspects of the OFC’s administrative needs are met, you will administer a wide range of administrative processes ranging from the the management of fleet vehicle program, asset management and tracking, contract management, goods procurement, process documenting to policy implementation. You will be responsible for coordinating financial activities to include budget and estimates preparation, variance monitoring, expenditures processing, and cash flow management and managing the administrative side of human resource operations such as processing and tracking all staffing documents, attendance monitoring, and maintenance of personnel records and documentation and related functions.
The Office of the Fire Commissioner consists of three streams of service (Education and Training – The Manitoba Emergency Services College, Response Programs and Municipal Support) with two core locations – Winnipeg and Brandon.
Advertisement # 37977
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source