Administrative Secretary (6 month term)
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
6 month term
Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth
Administration & Finance
Advertisement Number: 37545
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: May 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
The Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth (MACY) is an independent officer of the Legislative Assembly and is independent of government. The Manitoba Advocate’s statutory mandate includes representing the rights, interests, and viewpoints of children, youth, and young adults receiving any designated or reviewable services as described under The Advocate for Children and Youth Act. The Manitoba Advocate also reviews and reports upon the standards and quality of those reviewable and designated services provided to children, youth, and young adults who have died, to educate the public and to enhance the safety and well-being of Manitoba children, youth, and young adults.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Prior Contact Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check.
- Certificate or diploma in office administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing professional reception services to the public over the phone and in person.
- Experience providing confidential administrative support, such as the preparation of correspondence and meeting minute taking.
- Strong organization skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage a heavy workload.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and courteously.
- Ability to work both independently and co-operatively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working in an administrative capacity within child welfare, adoption, disabilities, mental health, addiction, justice, education or victim supports focusing on services to children, youth and young adults.
- Experience using a customer database system.
Reporting to the Manager, Administration & Finance, the Administrative Secretary provides reception services to the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth, administrative support to the Advocacy, Research, Investigations, Quality Assurance, Public Education and Youth Engagement staff, as well as support to the Manitoba Advocate and Deputy Advocate’s when required. The Administrative Secretary is responsible for assessing and triaging requests for service, as well as opening and closing case files in the MACY Case Management Database ensuring accuracy of information input into the system. Responsible for maintaining and updating the travel tracking spreadsheet, agencies/authorities contact lists, and coordinating outreach material for all MACY staff.
Advertisement # 37545
Manitoba Legislative Assembly
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg MB , R3C 3R6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source