Administrative Secretary (Multiple Positions)
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Regular/full-time; Regular/part-time; Term/full-time; Term/part-time
All Government of Manitoba Departments
Various rural locations MB, Various northern locations MB, Various urban locations MB
Advertisement Number: 37883
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year (Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable – Thompson and The Pas)
Closing Date: July 19, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Applicants are requested to self-declare at time of application.
Applicants are required to select the work location(s) where they are able to work.
This competition may be used to appoint successful candidates to future acting status, term, part-time or regular appointments, pending appropriate staffing approval. Where established, an eligibility list will remain in effect until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements. This competition may also be used to source candidates for other administrative positions at the Administrative Secretary 2 (AY2) level.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
The Manitoba government is recognized as one of the top employers within the province and provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package for its employees which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government is also committed to supporting the development of its employees through training and career development opportunities.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this competition, candidates must:
- Complete the Application Screening Form;
- E-mail the completed Application Screening Form to the Civil Service Commission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org); and
- Quote Advertisement #37883 and Position Title in the subject line of the email.
Only candidates who complete the above steps and who satisfactorily meet the requirements will be invited for further assessment.
Only the information provided in the Application Screening Form will be used at this time to determine the candidate’s suitability to proceed to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Further conditions of employment may be required such as:
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check (additional security checks may apply)
- Must have the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Administrative assistant certificate/diploma or post-secondary education in office/business administration or equivalent experience
- Experience providing a full range of administrative support and reception duties including preparing correspondence, managing calendars, processing mail, taking meeting minutes, and maintaining filing systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to provide information in a clear and professional manner
- Effective written communication skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve, make sound decisions and demonstrate initiative
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workloads and effectively manage deadlines
- Experience handling and maintaining sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to read, write and speak in French
- Experience using Activities and Issues Management System (AIMS)
- Experience working with SAP or an equivalent software
The incumbent provides comprehensive administrative support to one or more senior staff members within the business area.
Key responsibilities include drafting correspondence, providing receptionist functions, responding to internal and external stakeholder inquiries including the public, monitoring email and calendars, arranging meetings and travel accommodations, and ordering offices supplies and equipment.
Advertisement # 37883
JOW-935-155 Carlton Street
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source