AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Until March 31, 2022
Employment Standards Branch, Compliance and Enforcement
Advertisement Number: 37892
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: July 19, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
The Employment Standards Branch provides the public with information regarding Employment Standards issues such as unpaid wages, vacation wages and termination of employment. Officers investigate complaints from employees and employers about possible non-compliance with the Employment Standards Code.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience providing administrative/secretarial/clerical support to senior management including but not limited to: managing correspondences, setting up and maintaining filing systems, scheduling meetings and preparing meeting minutes/agenda, and receiving and distributing mail.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience reviewing and formatting correspondence.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and work effectively with team members as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative and perform tasks independently while working under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Experience working with SAP.
The Administrative Support position is a highly responsible and confidential position reporting to the Executive Director. The incumbent works as part of a team to provide secretarial and clerical support to professional and management staff of Employment Standards, as well to the Executive Director. The incumbent acts as the liaison between Employment Standards offices, Assistant Deputy Minister, Deputy Minister and Minister Offices. This position is required to function with considerable initiative and independence, working cooperatively with staff both internal and external to the Branch. The incumbent must handle multiple priorities and maintain controllership functions to ensure quality assurance, and standardized procedures and guidelines for the Branch. Other duties include: preparing correspondence, administering the Wage Trust Account (including writing cheques, bank deposits and reconciling month end reports), maintaining/searching databases/records, ordering supplies/services, and managing requests for searches, permits, licenses, exemptions and orders under the statutory provisions Employment Standards administers.
Advertisement # 37892
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source