CL4 Clerk 4
Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC), Office of the Fire Commissioner
Advertisement Number: 38453
Salary(s): CL4 $48,399.00 – $55,132.00 per hour
Closing Date: May 10, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill current and future regular and term full-time positions, subject to staffing approval. The eligibility list will remain in effect for 12 months.
Within the Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC), the Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC) is Manitoba’s premier leader in firefighter, paramedic, and emergency services training. MESC offers exceptional training opportunities contributing to the building of confident, competent paramedics and firefighters. MESC trains 64 (40?) fulltime students in the Public Fire Paramedic Program (PFPP) and 1,500+ Municipal Firefighters annually.
MESC is currently seeking a qualified and motivated candidate to fill the role of Admissions Officer.
To be considered for this competition, you must submit an application form and resume. Only those that submit both the application form and resume will be considered. See below for further instruction.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience interpreting and applying policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, terms and conditions.
- Extensive experience with data entry and reporting.
- Significant client care experience providing courteous and respectful support/assistance to internal and external clients.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with various levels of audiences.
- Experience in handling highly sensitive material and information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Excellent organizational skills for managing competing and rapidly changing priorities with strict timelines.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction/supervision.
- Strong written communication skills to communicate clearly and professionally with a broad range of staff members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook).
- Completion of post-secondary education or training in Business Administration or Office Administration. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to provide service in both official languages.
Reporting directly to the Registrar, the Admissions Officer is responsible for the effective administration of the student admissions processes for the PFPP and the Manitoba Municipal Firefighting Program. This position coordinates the effective day-to-day administration of student information by managing the Records Management System (RMS) when entering student data, authenticating and processing transcripts, and preparing certifications. The Admissions Officer also prepares the statistical data derived from the RMS and reports on it, as required.
A key function of this role is to coordinate the effective administration of the recruitment and selection process of students by receiving applications, verifying pre-requisites, confirming acceptance status, processing payments, and responding to inquiries from students, instructors, and the general public. The Admissions Officer also manages the control, maintenance, and distribution of the accredited examination process by generating written and practical exams from accredited exam banks.
Advertisement # 38453
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source