After Hours Social Services Worker
SP4 Social Services Worker 4
Department of Families
Rural and Northern Child and Family Services , Community Service Delivery
Flin Flon MB, Eastman Region MB, Interlake Region MB
Advertisement Number: 36589
Salary(s): SP4 $29.63 – $41.09 per hour
Closing Date: December 4, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Multiple positions to be filled.
Minimum guarantee payment of three hours for every 16 hours of availability followed by regular compensation for actual time worked beyond the minimum.
The successful candidate will provide after hours emergency services for Rural and Northern Child and Family Services for the assigned area (Eastman, Interlake or Flin Flon area). These are home based positions; however, you must have the ability to respond to calls immediately and have use of a vehicle to travel. The work schedule includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shifts may be shared on a rotational basis. The successful candidates will have experience in crisis intervention, demonstrated assessment skills, and a working knowledge of family dynamics and abuse/neglect.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce a satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must have a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and ability to travel on government business within Manitoba
- Must be available during evenings, weekends, and holidays, when scheduled
- Must be able to respond to calls immediately
- Must have Internet access at place of residence
- Post secondary degree in Social Science (preferably Bachelor of Social Work)
- Child and Family Services case management experience (including intakes, assessments, service coordination, counselling, and monitoring) is required. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered at an underfill or commensurate classification and salary level
- Experience in crisis intervention
- Knowledge of family dynamics in relation to abuse/neglect
- Demonstrated assessment skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create concise reports with tight timelines
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work demands
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word and Outlook)
- Experience working with CFSIS and INFACT
After Hours Services will include being available evenings, weekends and holidays to receive calls for intake purposes and attend in person on location for assessment purposes. The following duties will include: reviews referral information or recipient expressed need; investigate all reports of a child in need of protection; provides intervention activities; takes appropriate action to ensure safety and security needs of individuals as mandated by program legislation and standards; completes required documentation; maintains appropriate filing system for accountability purposes; and, as requested by the After Hours Supervisor, the After Hours Social Services Worker will prepare briefing materials pertaining to his/her caseload or issues in his/her catchment area.
Advertisement # 36589
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source