Airport/Marine Construction Technician
TE1 Technical Engineering Officer 1
Northern Airports & Marine Operations, Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 37690
Salary(s): TE1 $58,101.00 – $69,788.00 per year
Closing Date: June 27, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to travel and work within the province of Manitoba by ground, water, or air transportation and remain at remote work sites for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid class 5.0 driver’s licence
- Must be able to work in rough terrain
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or completion of Department Level 3 training courses
- Directly related construction experience in grading, base, survey (preliminary and construction) and structural building
- Experience in the Field Engineering Assistant (FEA) environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) software, preferably Microstation and Geopak
- Knowledge of Occupational, Safety, Health & Risk Management policies and procedures
- Written communication skills
- Oral communication skills to communicate effectively and courteously with internal contacts and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and courteously with internal contacts and stakeholders (the general public, utility agencies, contractors etc.) to obtain, clarify, or provide facts or information.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide training and technical guidance
- Ability to exercise initiative, analyze and resolve problems
- Experience working with northern and remote work sites: including fostering relationships with Indigenous communities
- Knowledge of preliminary and Airport construction survey procedures
The Airport/Marine Construction Technician (AMCT) reports to the Airport/Marine Civil Technologist for NAMO Program supervisory and technical direction. Incumbent performs advanced technical and engineering related functions, supporting engineers and staff in the areas of planning, construction, maintenance and stewardship of Airport and Marine Infrastructure and provides construction management.
The AMCT requires extensive interaction and co-operation with a diversity of internal and external contacts to ensure consistency in policy, standards, procedures and Federal Regulations to ensure that NAMO’s capital, preservation, and maintenance objectives are met.
Advertisement # 37690
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source