Animal Health and Food Safety Analyst
SS2 Statistical Analyst 2
Department of Agriculture
Animal Health and Welfare, Industry Advancement
Advertisement Number: 39997
Salary(s): SS2 $64,458.00 – $82,215.00 per year
Closing Date: October 30, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Agriculture creates the environment that accelerates growth in the agriculture, agri-food and agri-product sector.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form along with your resume. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Degree in Statistics/Computer Science, the life sciences or similar fields related to analysis of biologic data (i.e. epidemiology). Other combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Experience with the application of statistical techniques and methods
- Experience in database management including configuring databases for data capture, analysis and reporting
- Experience with data collection approaches and techniques
- Knowledge of managing spatial data sets, analyzing spatial trends and automating geo-processing routines/models
- Strong project management skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms in plain and simple language
- Effective written communication skills including the preparation of analytical reports, website materials, operating procedures and training materials
- Advanced skills in operating software programs, specifically statistical software, databases and spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with various teams, departments and external agencies
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in website development and maintenance
- Experience with Emergency Management, especially Incident Command Systems
The Animal Health and Food Safety Analyst is responsible for data analyses and data management for a broad range of animal health, animal welfare, traceability, emergency response, and food safety policies and programs. The analyst develops and utilizes statistical tools to analyze and track statistical trends, and uses this information to guide branch policies and programs. The incumbent develops data standards and quality assurance, data integrity and data auditing procedures for databases.
Advertisement # 39997
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form along with your resume. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. Only
those who complete the application form will be considered for this competition. Please use the application form to describe how you meet each screening criteria by using specific examples. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be
asked to submit references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source