Canada Sheep & Lamb Farms is a division of the North American Lamb Company. Our team members are passionate about integrity, safety and innovation. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can remain the largest lamb producer in Canada.
We are currently looking to hire a Full-time Animal Health Technician at our Stony Mountain location. This is a full-time position working approximately 40 hours per week.
– Pen checking
– Sickness identification
– Assist with animal movement throughout operation
– Support barn staff during induction and treatments.
– All other tasks as assigned by manager
What we offer
– Benefit program after 3 months of employment
– Access to our Employee & Family Assistance Program
– Pension plan after 1 year of employment
– Opportunities for advancement
– On-the-job training
– Competitive wages
– Commitment to social distancing and safe health practices away from work
– Willing to work some weekends
– Interested in learning about animal care and the livestock industry
– Attention to detail
– Punctual and reliable
– Physically fit (able to lift 50 lbs)
– Able to stand / walk for long period
– Work in harsh weather conditions
– Patience with livestock
– Enjoy working on a team
– Proven history with sheep and lamb husbandry
– Ability to operate farm equipment in a safe manner
– Previous experience dealing with animals or working at a farm or breeding operation
– Education experience in agriculture
At the North American Lamb Company, we use our lamb producing expertise to help companies throughout the world provide fresh, high quality products to customers. Our staff work as a team, and are committed to transforming the ordinary every day.
Job type: Full-time
View original article here Source