Animal Welfare Inspector and Case Advisor
XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Animal Health and Welfare, Industry Advancement
Advertisement Number: 37579
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: May 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Position Description is available upon request.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Must hold and maintain a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Degree in Animal Science, Registered Veterinary Technician or an equivalent combination of related education and/or training, and experience
- Experience with animal care and animal welfare, behaviour and the ethical treatment of animals to assess conditions regarding husbandry, health/well-being, medical treatment and housing/living conditions
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare various documents and reports
- Excellent negotiation and mediation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timeframes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain collaborative relationships with various teams, departments and external agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access) and/or equivalent software applications
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with companion and livestock animals
The Animal Welfare Case Advisor provides technical expertise with respect to animal welfare and animal welfare case triage, including responding to animal welfare complaint calls, assessing the critical nature of incoming complaints, assigning animal welfare inspections to appropriate Animal Protection Officers, supporting Animal Protection Officers, Animal Welfare Investigators, and Animal Welfare Veterinarians in animal welfare response and case Management, participating in animal welfare inspections and responding to animal welfare emergencies.
Advertisement # 37579
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source