Anticipatory Education Assistant – Term Positions
Prairie Rose School Division seeks applicants for anticipated educational assistant positions to fulfill September 2021 – June 2022 COVID-19 related duties such as classroom-based support and supervisory tasks.
The following is a list of schools by region:
• Region A – Carman Collegiate, Carman Elementary, Elm Creek School, Miami School, Roland School
• Region B – École St. Eustache, St. François Xavier School, St. Paul’s Collegiate
• Region C – St. Laurent School
Applicants are asked to identify their preferred school(s) and/or region(s).
• Hours will be dependent on the needs of the school
• Salary: $15.82/hour as per Collective Agreement.
• Effective: September 7, 2021 to as required by the School Division or June 30, 2022
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills and Qualifications:
• Grade 12 or equivalent combination of education and experience; Educational Assistant Diploma is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with children within a K-12 environment.
• Demonstrated skill in supporting student specific planning as identified in an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Student Specific Plan (SSP).
• Demonstrated ability to have good interpersonal skills with staff and community.
• Ability to take direction and work cooperatively with other adults.
• Ability to maintain daily records of activities and observations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to learn new techniques and strategies for helping children learn.
• Willingness and ability to support and guide children with challenging behaviour.
• Training/experience with reading and numeracy supports an asset.
• First Aid/CPR Training and WEVAS Training or Low Arousal Training an asset.
For more detailed information, contact Louise Duncan, Director of Student Services, at 1-204-745-2003
Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date and include up-to-date resume detailing qualifications, experience and/or other relevant information and three references who can provide information on your ability.
Human Resources, Box 1510, 45 Main Street South, Carman, MB R0G 0J0;
by Fax: 204-745-3699; or e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open
Clear criminal record and abuse checks are required of all employees of the school division.
Prairie Rose School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references.
We thank all for applying, but only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged.
Accessibility resources will be provided upon request. This document is available in alternate formats by request.
View original article here Source