Application Intake and Assessment Officer
AO1 Administrative Officer 1
Legal Aid Manitoba, Corporate and Strategic Services
Advertisement Number: 37190
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: March 5, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Legal Aid Manitoba provides legal help to people who are financially eligible. We strive to serve all clients with respect and dignity. Our service is fundamental to a fair and balanced justice system.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity and parental leave, family related leave and a defined pension plan. Training and career development opportunities are also available for employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must have the ability to travel throughout the province
- Significant experience in a family law, criminal law or administrative law environment performing senior administrative duties including, but not limited to: drafting and preparation of legal documentation, organizing or preparing files for court and assisting counsel in court
- Experience gathering and compiling information through interviewing clients or conducting research
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex documents and provide appropriate assessments and recommendations within specific policies or legislation
- Excellent written communication skills including drafting complex documents and correspondence
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with the public, clients, government agencies and professionals
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions independently and work under minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to prioritize assignments and work under time constraints to meet conflicting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) or equivalent software
- Successful completion of a recognized legal administration/secretarial training program
- Knowledge of the Legal Aid Manitoba mandate, application process and related policies and procedures
Under the direction of the Area Director and in accordance with established policies, procedures and legislation, the incumbent manages a large complex caseload of Legal Aid applicants. The incumbent is responsible for interviewing applicants to obtain necessary application information, reviewing and assessing legal merit, determining financial eligibility, applying policy and procedure and making decisions to authorize or deny coverage to Legal Aid applicants. The incumbent will be required to attend Criminal Intake Courts and be responsible for consulting with appropriate stakeholders, gathering information from clients and assisting lawyers at court appearances.
Advertisement # 37190
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source