Aquatic Invasive Species Watercraft Inspector
Approximately 27 weeks
Department of Sustainable Development
Wildlife and Fisheries, Water Stewardship and Biodiversity
Various locations throughout rural MB and various locations throughout northern MB
Advertisement Number: 34762
Salary(s): LAB $1,376.00 – $1,473.60 bi-weekly Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: February 18, 2019
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Manitoba Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Fisheries branch is seeking passionate and energetic individuals to fill Aquatic Invasive Species Watercraft Inspector positions across Manitoba. Positions are based in Selkirk, Headingley, Grand Rapids, The Pas, Swan River and Eriksdale.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba class 5 drivers license
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including bending, kneeling and lifting up to 22 kgs (50 lbs)
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, statutory holidays, and overtime as required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with the public, stakeholders and interest groups
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Experience driving a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton truck
- Education, experience and/or training related to environmental issues
- Experience loading and hauling trailers
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or equivalent software
The Aquatic Invasive Species Watercraft Inspector plays an integral role in enforcing Manitoba’s Aquatic Invasive Species Regulation, particularly inspecting and when needed, decontaminating watercraft and water-related equipment, communicating with and educating the public about the Province’s Aquatic Invasive Species Program; and promoting and educating the public about the stewardship practices they must employ to prevent the introduction and spread of aquatic invasive species in Manitoba.
Advertisement # 34762
JOW-935-155 Carlton Street
Human Resource Services
935-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.