Aquifer Definition Hydrogeologist
GE3 Geologist 3
Agriculture and Resource Development
Water Science and Watershed Management Branch, Water Stewardship & Biodiversity
Advertisement Number: 36949
Salary(s): GE3 $74,525.00 – $94,581.00 per year
Closing Date: February 22, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 driver’s licence with good driving record.
- Must be registered as a Professional Geoscientist or Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. Professional Geoscientists/Engineers licensed to practice in other Canadian jurisdictions must be eligible for registration as a Professional Geoscientist/Engineer with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including lifting up to 50 lbs, and conducting field work under various weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing and able to travel with occasional overnight stays.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
- Degree in Geology or Engineering with post graduate specializing in Hydrogeology or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience using scientifically sound techinical methods to determine properties of groundwater potential including evaluation of pumping tests.
- Experience using 2-D and 3-D mapping tools to create geologic frameworks and mapping aquifers.
- Experience test drilling and logging samples in geologic terrane similar to Manitoba including the design and installation of groundwater monitoring wells and evaluation of monitoring well data.
- Experience in groundwater surface water interaction.
- Experience evaluating and/or providing advice on groundwater protection and/or remediation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Experience in Project management including planning and conducting projects to completion, leading staff and contractors; managing budgets and allocating fiscal resources.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities with fluctuating deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong written communication skills with experience preparing, reviewing and writing complex reports to suport major decision making
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to make presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with geophyscial logging methods and interpretation of wireline logging.
The Aquifer Definition Hydrogeologist supports the goals of managing groundwarer resources to provide safe and secure water quality supplies for drinking and economic development and maintaining healthy ecosystems. The position is responsible for evaluating, assessing, mapping and reporting the occurrence and properties of aquifers and groundwater including interaction between surface water and groundwater. This position will also provide advice and assessment on groundwater related issues including conducting technical reviews of various developments.
Advertisement # 36949
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source