Area Fire Manager – Lake Winnipeg East
RS5 Area Fire Manager
Department of Conservation and Climate
Wildfire, Parks and Resource Protection
Lac du Bonnet MB
Advertisement Number: 37414
Salary(s): RS5 $54,344.00 – $65,134.00 per year
Closing Date: April 17, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Open until exhausted
Manitoba Conservation & Climate is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, and motivated individual interested in filling the role of Area Fire Manager for the Lake Winnipeg East Wildfire area based out of Lac du Bonnet.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required.
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position including lifting equipment weighing up to 65 lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province of Manitoba as required, and capable of flying frequently in a wide variety of small aircrafts in adverse weather conditions.
- Extensive experience with wildfire suppression, coordination, preparedness, and detection efforts.
- Diploma or certificate from an approved Resource Technology Program with related experience in wildfire management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may also be considered.
- Experience with implementing FireSmart concepts and Best Practices.
- Project or program management experience with the abilities to motivate and lead teams, and resolve conflict.
- Experience with GIS applications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems to make decision.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and organize changing workloads and demands.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Budget management experience.
As the Area Fire Manager the incumbent supervises a diverse number of departmental staff. Strong leadership skills are required to effectively and efficiently lead staff during critical events as well as in day to day wildfire preparedness and suppression operations. This position must coordinate and implement technically diverse and complex programming including wildfire training and FireSmart programming. The incumbent will be responsible in implementing Provincial and Regional FireSmart programs and initiatives. A high level of functioning in team environments is required in daily area operations as well as functioning in an Incident Management Team role during large complex wildfire incidents. The ability to work harmoniously in these settings also requires strong organization skills and the ability to quickly adapt to unforeseen changes and interruptions. The incumbent manages complex wildfire bases and requires skills to efficiently supervise and implement wildfire suppression and pre-suppression activities
Advertisement # 37414
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source