PCD Program Coordinator, Education
Department of Education
Education Funding Branch, System Performance and Accountability
Advertisement Number: 36977
Salary(s): PCD $78,111.00 – $104,249.00 per year
Closing Date: January 10, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill similar positions and would remain in effect for up to 12 months.
Preference may be applied to internal candidates.
The Education Funding Branch within the Department of Education is seeking a qualified strategic leader to fill the position of Assistant Director.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to work occasional overtime including evenings and/or weekends as required.
- Graduate degree in business, economics, political studies, or public administration with extensive work related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong financial acumen, with experience interpreting, developing or applying financial policies and processes.
- Experience in leading the design and implementation of policies and programs.
- Strong political acumen, with experience providing strategic advice to senior officials on highly confidential, complex and sensitive issues.
- Strategic leadership skills with experience in coaching, managing employee performance, and in fostering diversity, collaboration and engagement across cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships and manage expectations within a team and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex funding, financial and accounting policies and requirements to a diverse audience both internally and externally.
- Excellent written communication skills, with experience writing authority seeking documents and sensitive and confidential materials for senior leaders.
- Ability to strategically manage and synthesize multi-dimensional issues, adapt to changing priorities, and operate successfully in a deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of K-12 education funding
Reporting to the Director of the Education Funding Branch, the Assistant Director leads a team in the design and analysis of the funding program for K-12 education in Manitoba. The Assistant Director provides policy leadership and ensures accountability and outcomes for this significant program of government. The role supports the Director in fostering a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team environment, and works in partnership with senior leaders in the department and across Manitoba’s K-12 system.
Advertisement # 36977
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source