Assistant Facility Manager
FM1 Facility Manager 1
Department of Central Services
Operations, District 1, Asset Management – Central Capital
Advertisement Number: 37363
Salary(s): FM1 $38,859.00 – $51,423.00 per year
Closing Date: April 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Facility Manager to work at the Remand Centre, a 24/7 Maximum Security facility in downtown Winnipeg. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Finance provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, Security Check.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers Licence and be capable of travel within the District.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma or Trades Certificate in a Building/Facility Operation and Maintenance field and/or a Power Engineer certificate, and experience in a facility/property managed environment executing building operations and maintenance. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of HVAC, security systems, life safety systems, DDC operation and grounds maintenance.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints including architectural and building mechanical systems.
- Experience assigning and reviewing work of subordinate staff.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with clients, contractors, and members of the public.
- Written communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience using SAP (or comparable software) for Plant Maintenance and Materials Management.
Under the direct supervision of the Facility Manager, the Assistant Facility Manager assists in the management and operation of the Remand Centre ensuring the client department has a safe, clean and well maintained environment in which to carry out their programs. The Assistant Facility Manager’s responsibilities include maintenance management of the facility, maintaining client relationships, and participating in capital asset management, human resource management, and budget management in a fast-paced and high demand facility. The Assistant Facility Manager will also be responsible for minor plumbing maintenance to the electronic water control system as well as maintaining rooftop equipment to manufacture specifications.
Advertisement # 37363
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source