Assistant Power Engineer (Class 2) – Open Until Filled
A2E Assistant Power Engineer 2nd Class
Department of Labour, Consumer Protection and Government Services
Operations Branch, Asset Management Division
Portage la Prairie MB
Advertisement Number: 39934
Salary(s): A2E $53,489.00 – $63,444.00 per year
Closing Date: December 31, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect until exhausted.
Asset Management division provides corporate facilities, professional and technical planning, project management, design and engineering services, parking and security to clients as required by Public Works Act and Government Policy.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must hold a valid 5th Class Driver’s Licence.
- Must hold a valid 4th Class Power Engineer Certification recognized by the office of the Fire Commissioner.
- Must have a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including working at heights, in confined spaces, able to crouch, kneeling, medium or heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders, walking sitting and wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Must be able to work alone and follow the Work Alone Policy, shift work, on weekends and holidays.
- Experience operating and working in a Power Plant (4th, 3rd and/or 2nd Class Power Plants).
- Experience performing preventative maintenance, general equipment repairs and completing work orders.
- Experience with HVAC and building controls, including life safety systems.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to work independently and provide strong problem and decision making skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with computers and computerized facility maintenance management systems.
The Assistant Power Engineer will assist in the operation and maintenance of a 2nd Class High Pressure Steam Plant at Manitoba Developmental Centre in Portage La Prairie in compliance with the Power Engineers Act/Regulations, Provincial Codes and acceptable best trade practices. The Assistant Power Engineer is initial contact in most of the client requests under the guidance of the Shift Operating Engineer.
Advertisement # 39934
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source