Assistant Power Engineer
AOE Assistant Power Engineer
Department of Central Services
Operations, District 1, Asset Management – Central Capital
Advertisement Number: 37237
Salary(s): AOE $56,515.00 – $67,242.00 per year
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An Eligibility List will be established that may be used to fill similar positions that become available over the next 12 months.
We are considering and interviewing qualified applicants as received. This competition will remain open until filled.
The Manitoba government is seeking a highly motivated Third Class Assistant Power Engineer to work with Asset Management at the Central Powerhouse in Winnipeg, MB. This position offers reliable and full time employment with a defined pension plan. The Manitoba government also provides an excellent benefits package which includes extended health, health spending, dental, vision, long term disability, supportive employment, sick leave, paid vacation and maternity/parental leave. Manitoba Central Services provides ongoing professional and educational development for its employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid 3rd Class Power Engineering Certification Registered with the Province of Manitoba
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Records Check, security check (if applicable) and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Manitoba 3rd Class Power Engineering Certificate.
- Experience performing preventative maintenance, general equipment repairs and completing work orders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to address calls from clients.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures and relevant safety policies and legislation.
- Experience working in a 1st or 2nd Class Steam Plant.
- Experience working with computerized building control systems.
- Experience working with Fire Alarm Systems.
Reporting to the Chief Power Engineer and Deputy Chief Power Engineer, Assistant Power Engineers will assist in the operation and maintenance of a First Class powerhouse and related mechanical systems. The Assistant Power Engineer is responsible for program delivery in the area of operations with regard to client comfort at connected complexes to the Central Powerhouse. The position works with and assists the powerhouse team to ensure that adequate heating/cooling is provided to the staff at any connected complexes.
Advertisement # 37237
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source