Assistant Regional Training Technician – 2 positions
RS3 Assistant Regional Training Technician
Department of Conservation and Climate
Wildfire Service, Parks and Resource Protection
The Pas MB, Thompson MB
Advertisement Number: 37589
Salary(s): RS3 $1,788.00 – $2,124.80 bi-weekly
Closing Date: May 28, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
An eligibility list may be created for similar regular and term positions throughout the Province and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Conservation and Climate is looking for 2 enthusiastic, energetic and motivated individuals interested in filling the roles of Assistant Regional Training Technician located in the Western and Northern Regions. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance and defined pension plan.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the Province of Manitoba as required including flying frequently in a wide variety of small aircrafts in adverse weather conditions
- Must be physically able to perform the duties assigned to the position
- Must be able to travel and stay overnight in remote field camps as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain instructor certificate as required
- Graduate of a resource-based or environmental management program with wildfire experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in wildfire suppression.
- Experience developing and delivering training programs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint) or equivalent.
- Displays initiative with ability to organize and prioritize a complex workload.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge in the interpretation and application of legislation, policy, and procedures as it relates to wildfire management.
The Assistant Regional Training Technician assists with or leads wildfire management training instruction to all fire staff within their respective region. The incumbent may assist with training in other regions within the province. The incumbent assists the Regional Fire Technician in monitoring regional fire staff certification levels and certification currency, co-ordinating or conducting re-certification courses and training as required. The Assistant Regional Training Technician will also be required to assist in the development of new courses related to wildfire suppression as well as participate in provincial training initiatives.
Advertisement # 37589
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source