Assistant Safety Advisor
AO1 Administrative Officer 1
Regional Operations, Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 37393
Salary(s): AO1 $48,853.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: April 30, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Driver’s licence.
- Possess, or be able to obtain within one year, a Construction Safety Officer (or equivalent) designation.
- Must be able to travel extensively within the province to worksites by ground, by water, and by air transportation.
- Must be able to work for extended hours, overtime including weekends, and be called out at odd hours.
- Must be able to work in outdoor rough terrain environments, and in adverse weather conditions.
- Possess, or be able to obtain within one year, and maintain a valid First Aid Instructors Certificate.
- Must be physically capable of performing all of the required job duties (lifting/carrying 0-10 kg, sit and standing for prolonged periods, wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), walking on rough terrain, climbing stairs and ladders, crouching, kneeling, bending, twisting, and operating vehicles.
- Experience participating with Workplace Health & Safety Committees.
- Experience preparing training packages and delivering training workshops.
- Knowledge of road construction, preservation and maintenance activities and related equipment.
- Experience working with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership in fostering a safety and health culture.
- Knowledge of Federal/Provincial legislation, recognized risk management principles and safe work practices/procedures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Highly developed written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and build rapport with diverse work teams and groups.
Reporting to the Safety Advisor, the Assistant Safety Advisor provides assistance to the sustainable delivery, coordination and evaluation of the Occupational Safety Health and Risk Management Program in the Division. The incumbent will provide consultative and technical support to Divisional Managers as required and for other operational units within the Division. The incumbent will conduct program audits and periodic inspections of construction, preservation, and maintenance projects and other miscellaneous non-program activities. The incumbent will assist the Safety Advisor in the co-ordination and delivery of training services.
Advertisement # 37393
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source