Garden Valley School Division is a dynamic and visionary school district located in the heartland of south-central Manitoba. The Division is governed by a nine member School Board and is committed to continually building trusting relationships and servant leadership.
With a student population of about 4,500 and 750 staff, the area has experienced steady growth over the last two decades. The current annual operating budget is $51M.
The City of Winkler has all the amenities of a larger city within a rural setting. Winkler is the economic and industrial hub of the area and is home to the Division’s School Board Administrative office, two high schools and five of its thirteen primary/elementary schools. It is a seventy-five minute drive south of the capital, Winnipeg, and twenty minutes north of the United States border.
The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will assist the Secretary-Treasurer in the administration of the Division’s financial, business, and payroll functions including development and implementation of Board policy and administrative procedures. The Assistant Secretary-Treasurer will be responsible to the Secretary-Treasurer for duties assigned and will work collaboratively with the Division’s Senior Administration team as well as School Administrators.
- Supervise and provide leadership for the staff in the Finance and Payroll departments
- Establish, monitor, and provide leadership over administrative procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the Finance department
- Establish, monitor, and provide leadership over administrative procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the Payroll department
For a complete job description, please contact Shayne Thomson, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Demonstrated commitment to servant leadership and building trusting relationships
- Past successful experience in a formal supervisory role
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong work ethic
- Accounting designation or directly related training and work experience
- Previous experience in accounting and financial management including budget preparation and internal control
- Previous experience in payroll functions and process
- Exceptional computer/Information Technology skills
Garden Valley School Division offers a competitive compensation package for this position. For more detailed information contact Terry Penner, Secretary-Treasurer Garden Valley School Division at 204-325-8335
Candidates are invited to submit a current resume detailing qualifications, experience, and/or other relevant information including three professional references. All resumes are to specify posting number 01-AST-20. Electronic applications are preferred; however, submissions can be received by fax, by regular mail, or in person to:
Human Resources Department
Garden Valley School Division
Box 1330, 750 Triple E Boulevard, Winkler, MB R6W 4B3
Telephone: (204) 325-8335 Fax: (204) 325-4132 Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Clear criminal record and child abuse registry checks are required of all employees of the School Division. Garden Valley School Division reserves the right to verify the authenticity of all submitted references. We thank all for applying and only applications leading to interviews will be acknowledged. Accessibility resources will be provided on request.
View original article here Source