Audio Production Technician
TA3 Audio Production Technician
Department of Education
Inclusion Support, Student Achievement & Inclusion
Advertisement Number: 37652
Salary(s): TA3 $48,020.00 – $57,363.00 per year
Closing Date: June 1, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition may be used to establish an eligibility list to fill similar positions and would remain in effect for up to 12 months.
The Inclusion Support Branch within the Student Achievement & Inclusion Division of the Department of Education is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Audio Production Technician.
The Manitoba Government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience in the operation of an audio production studio, with thorough knowledge of control room equipment.
- Significant knowledge of, and experience using, Pro Tools audio mastering, editing and conversion software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize requests, work on concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience recording educational texts used by students with print disabilities and providing direction to narrators in pronunciation, pacing and interpretation of visuals while adhering to copyright standards.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with professional and casual staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and maintaining SharePoint sites.
- Experience in the use of basic shop tools to perform small electrical equipment maintenance and repair, such as vision screening equipment.
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of specialized learning equipment, such as Perkins braillers and braille embossers.
The Audio Production Technician is responsible for all technical aspects in the production of Manitoba educational materials in digital audio format for students with print disabilities (visual, physical or learning). The technician uploads and archives all digital audio files as part of the provincial Alternate Formats Collection which are available for loan provincially and through interlibrary loan agreements
Advertisement # 37652
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source