Audit Manager, Comptroller and Compliance Unit
XO4 Administrative Officer 4
Office of Provincial Comptroller, Treasury Board Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 37604
Salary(s): XO4 $65,288.00 – $83,690.00 per year
Closing Date: June 12, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must produce and maintain a satisafactory Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Ability to travel throughout the province
- Ability to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field such as accounting, auditing, statistics or law enforcement. An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Experience conducting investigations and/or audits in a highly regulated environment
- Experience leading and supervising staff including training, performance mangement, and workload distribution
- Ability to interpret and apply legislation, government policy and agreements in order to guide staff and make recommendaitons to senior decision makers.
- Proven ability with conflict management, with a focus towards resolution
- Proven ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting cases to quasi-judicial committees / boards
- Knowledge of, and experience with, legal proceedings, including experience writing search warrants and/or production orders
- Knowledge of The Personal Health Information Act and The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
The Audit Manager, CCU is responsible for identification of areas of potential loss to the Manitoba Government, by leading the identification and investigation of irregular, inadvertent, or inappropriate billing practices, and pursuing recoveries, additionally providing a deterrent to the submission of inappropriate claims for health care benefits under the provincial health insurance plan. The position is accountable for leading a team of audit investigators, overseeing the development and implementation of investigation plans, conducting risk-based analysis of practitioner billing patterns, conducting compliance audits, performing quality assurance reviews of the audit process, and reporting on audit results, in the interest of enforcement of the Minister’s right to recover inappropriate health care expenditures.
Advertisement # 37604
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source