Audit Project Manager
XO3 Administrative Officer 3
Term to April 30, 2021
Recovery & Mitigation, Emergency Management
Advertisement Number: 36310
Salary(s): XO3 $57,344.00 – $71,586.00 per year
Closing Date: August 10, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must hold and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Completion of a recognized accounting program (Ex. CPA, CA, CMA, CGA). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience performing audits using Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Experience providing audit advice, options and recommendations to senior management
- Experience leading audits using Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Experience performing audit risk assessments
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS), and risk assessment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication skills including experience conveying technical information to a non-technical audience
- Strong written communication skills including experience preparing evidence-based reports and submissions
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to review and assess complex technical information and documentation to reach logical conclusions
As a senior member of the Manitoba Emergency Measures Organization disaster recovery team, the Audit Project Manager is responsible for planning audits, audit risk identification and process review, leadership and recommendations and concurrent management of the numerous external audits of Disaster Financial Assistance (DFA) Programs.
Advertisement # 36310
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source