PY2 Psychologist 2
Department of Families
Disability Programs and Specialized Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 36898
Salary(s): PY2 $67,974.00 – $85,525.00 per year
Closing Date: January 4, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have satisfactory Criminal Records Check (with vulnerable sector search), Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Registered or Eligibility to register with Psychological Association of Manitoba
- Must be a member in good standing with the current licensing body
- Must have a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and ability to travel on government business within the Province of Manitoba
- A masters degree (MA) in Psychology (Clinical or Applied Behavior Analysis) from an accredited graduate program.
- Experience working with individuals (children or adults) and/or their families/caregivers with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities or special needs.
- Experience with providing clinical/behavioral intervention to children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment including developing relationships with supervisees, clients, case managers, care providers, families and various service providers.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure managing multiple priorities in tight timeframes.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience administering and interpreting psychological assessments, including issues relevant to intellectual/cognitive assessment and diagnosis of intellectual and neurodevelopmental disorders.
The incumbent is a member of a multi-discipline service team within the Region and reports directly to a Departmental Psychologist or the Senior Psychologist. The incumbent provides a broad range of clinical psychological/ behavioural services to referred children, adolescents and adults with developmental/intellectual disabilities identified as eligible within the mandate of Community Service Delivery. The clinician also provides public education and consultation to community groups and agencies on clinical issues related to individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities. The position provides services with the general parameters and standards set by the Department and receives clinical support/direction from the division’s Registered Psychologist.
A complete copy of the position description is available upon request.
Advertisement # 36898
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source