Bilingual Administrative Assistant
AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
1 Year Term
Technical Services & Operations
Advertisement Number: 37457
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: June 2, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Completion of an Administrative Assistant certificate and experience providing administrative support and/or extensive relevant administrative support experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience in the areas of preparing correspondence, reception, processing mail and filing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
The incumbent reports to the Executive Assistant, and provides confidential administrative and frontline reception support in both official languages in a timely and professional manner for a number of (senior) staff in the Regional office. The Region is multi-functional with a wide range of professionals, paraprofessionals and field employees operating in all areas of the Region.This position must interact effectively with department employees, staff from other government agencies and members of the public to ensure a high level of customer service.
Advertisement # 37457
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source