Bilingual Administrative Secretary
AY3 Administrative Secretary
Department of Families
Community Service Delivery, Rural and North Child and Family Services
Advertisement Number: 39941
Salary(s): AY3 $43,462.00 – $49,704.00 per year
Closing Date: November 7, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
A 12-month eligibility list may be created from this competition for similar regular, term, full-time or part-time positions in various locations.
This competition is to fill a French language designated position. Candidates under consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment.
Your cover letter and resume and/or application, must clearly show how you meet the qualifications of this position. Information in your cover letter must be supported by your resume.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Must provide a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Experience providing secretarial and administrative support including reception duties.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows based computer applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel).
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other support and professional staff and the public.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Effective problem-solving techniques in dealing with a variety of situations requiring discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive material and information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to communicate fluently in both official languages (English & French)
- Experience with SAP or any other Information Management System for data management.
- Post-secondary secretarial/administrative education and/or training
The incumbent works independently and reports to the Administrative Officer on all routine and regular matters, and functions as part of the regional Admin Team. Working in a fast paced, highly sensitive and confidential environment, the incumbent provides administrative support in a timely and accurate manner to a team of social service providers and their manager providing the full continuum of Child and Family Services program offerings.
Advertisement # 39941
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source