Bilingual and Non-Bilingual Cashier/Accounting Clerks
AK1 Accounting Clerk 1
(with the possibility of becoming Regular)
Provincial Offences Court , Courts
Advertisement Number: 40147
Salary(s): AK1 $1,721.15 – $1,968.38 bi-weekly
Closing Date: December 12, 2022
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list will be created for similar positions and for different locations, pending appropriate staffing approval and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Preference may be given to internal candidates.
“Information For Job Seekers: https://www.gov.mb.ca/govjobs/info/index.html”
To be considered for this competition you must submit an Application Screening Form (Word or fillable PDF only), along with your resume and cover-letter. Complete the Application Screening Form at the link below.
If you are having difficulty opening the link, you may have to use a different browser. You may also contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the Application Screening Form. The selection board will rely on information provided in the form and may rely on the information provided in the resume and cover letter to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
This bulletin is to fill several positions. There is currently one (1) Designated Bilingual Position and one (1) Non-Bilingual position available. Note that the successful candidate for the bilingual position must be able to fluently communicate (verbally and in writing) in both official languages (French and English). If candidates do not meet the language assessment for the bilingual position, they may still be given consideration for the non-bilingual position.
Please indicate if you are bilingual when applying.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Enhanced Security Check – Level 3
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (French and English)
- Experience performing cashier functions, including processing payments, balancing daily deposits, handling large amounts of cash, and using cashier-related office equipment (e.g. Point of Sale Terminal)
- Experience performing clerical and administrative duties, including filing, preparing correspondence, and processing mail
- Experience providing excellent customer service, including responding to inquiries, explaining requirements, and providing direction
- Experience working in a team environment as well as contribute to a respectful workplace
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to meet work related deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to take initiative and make independent decisions while working under minimum supervision
- Ability to complete tasks with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal communication skills
- Excellent English written communication skills
- Excellent French verbal communication skills (Designated Bilingual Position Only)
- Excellent French written communication skills (Designated Bilingual Position Only)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Completion of a recognized accounting program
The incumbent will be responsible for providing front line service to the public by receiving monies payable to the Courts for all fines issued under the Provincial Offences Act. Further responsibilities include daily balancing, processing mail, and other administrative duties within the department as needed.
Advertisement # 40147
Service Centre 1
Human Resource Services
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3L6
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source