Bilingual Curriculum Consultant (3 positions to fill)
CRC Curriculum Consultant
Interchanges may be considered
Department of Education
Bureau de l’éducation française, K-12 Education
Advertisement Number: 36740
Salary(s): CRC $73,042.00 – $92,655.00 per year
Closing Date: November 22, 2020
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
A detailed position description is available upon request.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form.
Applicants MUST submit their cover letter and resume along with the application form. Complete the application form at the link below.
The selection board will rely on information provided in this form, your cover letter and your resume to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment.
This is a Designated Bilingual position. The successful candidate must be able to communicate in both official languages (French and English).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a valid Manitoba Teaching Certificate
- Must have the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s licence
- Experience with the Manitoba K-12 curriculum across different grade levels and programs; or equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of one or more of the following fields: science in early or middle years, student services, pedagogical practices such as play-based, project and inquiry learning, teaching in virtual environments, assessment, technical vocational programs and career education
- Extensive experience with curriculum implementation and assessment. A combination of knowledge and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of a broad range of exemplary teaching practices, including the use of information and communication technologies in education
- Thorough understanding of French First Language and French Second Language educational contexts as well as methodologies related to language learning
- Extensive leadership skills with experience in leading people, projects and/or initiatives
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in the management of complex projects
- Experience in the development and facilitation of professional learning sessions
- Experience working with a diversity of students and cultural communities, and possess the ability to apply the required cultural competencies to integrate diverse perspectives
- Strong political acumen and the ability to manage confidential, controversial and politically sensitive situations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in French
- Strong verbal & written communication skills in English
- Experience in serving on committees at a provincial, national or international level
As a member of the Bureau de l’éducation française team, the incumbent is responsible for developing, reviewing and implementing curricula and related resources at the Grade K – 12 level;representing the BEF and the Department by working with partners and stakeholders in the Français and/or French immersion milieu on projects and matters reflecting common priorities; representing the BEF by working with colleagues in other areas of the Department or across Departments on projects and matters reflecting common priorities in matters related to Education; and taking the lead on initiatives to support the Pedagogical services team in its work with the field.
Advertisement # 36740
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source