Bilingual Employment and Income Assistance (EIA) Clerk
CL2 Clerk 2
Department of Families
Regional Social Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37203
Salary(s): CL2 $33,930.00 – $38,677.00 per year
Closing Date: March 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions within Winnipeg and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition is to fill a French Language designated position; candidates under consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have satisfactory Criminal record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Communicate fluently in both official languages, English and French
- Experience providing administrative and/or clerical support
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines in a high volume production work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with people from different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, and persons living with a disability
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive information in a confidential and responsible manner
- Experience in using Microsoft Office software applications (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic accounting and math skills with the ability to compute calculations for processing and reconciling invoices and utilities or basic statistics for reporting purposes
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Assistance Act, Regulation, Policy and Procedures
Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the incumbent’s responsibilities include: printing and distributing cheques and other related documents to clients; issuing authorized special needs; reconciling and processing payments related to financial assistance; copy and distribution of program reports; updating case files as required; assisting in client investigations (i.e. conducting electronic searches as authorized by Investigation Officer), filing, preparing files and reports for shipment to Provincial Archives, maintaining program forms and supplies and performing other administration and clerical support duties as required.
Advertisement # 37203
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source