TS3 Bilingual Interpreter-Reviser
Francophone Affairs Secretariat
Advertisement Number: 36943
Salary(s): TS3 $73,421.00 – $92,693.00 per year
Closing Date: January 24, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and may remain in effect for until exhausted or expired based upon operational requirements. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval
This position is Designated Bilingual. The successful candidate must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in both official languages (English and French)
Translation Services is a central agency mandated to provide translation, interpretation and terminology management services – in English and in French – to all government departments, the Legislative assembly, the courts, Crown organizations, and Special Operating Agencies in Manitoba.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to function fluently in English and French
- Ability to work outside regular office hours as required
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must be able to occasionally work out of town, including overnight stays
- Continued ability to provide interpretive services in all environments (including indoor, outdoor, isolated community and locations presenting various controlled hazards)
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in interpretation. A combination of a degree and relevant experience in interpretation may also be considered
- Demonstrated experience interpreting in a variety of settings and forms (ex., consecutive, simultaneous, escort)
- Demonstrated professional experience translating and revising in a wide variety of subject areas
- Experience using computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using translation memory software / computer assisted translation tools
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to adapt to unforeseen changes in schedule and interruptions, establish priorities, and meet deadlines within tight timeframes
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and maintain good working relationships and interact with others with tact
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure, in fast-changing/unplanned circumstances
- Excellent verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Excellent written communication skills in both English and French
- Membership in an association affiliated with the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council or the Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec, and/or possession of a nationally recognized accreditation
- Experience working with a terminology database
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s cultural and linguistic context
This position provides English-French and French-English simultaneous, consecutive and escort interpretation in a wide variety of contexts to provincial government departments, the Courts and administrative tribunals, and the Legislative Assembly. The position also revises texts produced by freelance translators and may provide translation into French, at an autonomous level, of urgent and sensitive documents.
Advertisement # 36943
Service Centre 2
Human Resource Services
360-1395 Ellice Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3G 3P2
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source