Bilingual Program Manager – Children’s disABILITY Services
SP5 Social Services Worker 5
Department of Families
Regional Social Services, Community Service Delivery
Advertisement Number: 37201
Salary(s): SP5 $64,721.00 – $87,851.00 per year
Closing Date: March 14, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar regular, term, part-time and/or full-time positions in Winnipeg, and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This competition is to fill a French Language designated position; candidates under consideration from the interview process will be required to undergo a French language skills assessment.
Preference to internal applicants may be applied.
The Bilingual Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the delivery of Children’s disABILITY Services within the city of Winnipeg. The PM is an integral part of the community area management team and works to facilitate Winnipeg Integrated Services along with community engagement. The PM works collaboratively with other Families and WRHA management teams, Disability Programs and Specialized Services, other divisions, community stakeholders, external services providers and the community at large.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, with the ability to travel within the Province of Manitoba
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and statutory holidays on occasion
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Post-secondary education in the social services field (Bachelor of Social Work preferred)
- Leadership experience in a social service delivery environment that includes managing the administration of programs, managing service delivery to clients, and planning and evaluation of services delivered to clients. Other combinations of education and experience, such as leadership and/or supervisory training, may be considered at a commensurate or underfill salary and classification level
- Strong ability to consistently demonstrate the Department of Families values in performing the duties of the position: Learning and Growth, Innovation and Initiative, Integrity, Community, Reconciliation and Accountability
- Experience in Human Resource Management, with the ability to supervise a service delivery team
- Experience with the interpretation, evaluation and implementation of program policies
- Case management within Children’s disABILITY Services is preferred. Experience with other complex social services programs supporting services to children and/or adults with a disability and/or special needs and socially disadvantaged clients may be considered
- Strong problem identification, analysis and resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Effective English verbal communication skills
- Effective English written communication skills
- Excellent French verbal communication skills
- Excellent French written communication skills
- Experience in financial management such as managing budgets for operational and program resources
What you will do:
Reporting to the Director, Regional Social Services, the Children’s disABILITY Services Bilingual Program Manager is responsible for providing leadership and support in a range of management and supervisory activities. Responsibilities include service delivery including policy interpretation; integrated case management program recommendations; implementation and evaluation of services; operational planning; financial management and administration; human resource management; systems management; communication; and, leadership support to staff through the ongoing integration and change process.
What we offer:
- A career in a helping and caring profession with the ability to make a profound and lasting impact in the lives of Manitobans
- A positive work environment where you can build successful and long-lasting professional relationships with colleagues who will share their knowledge and expertise with you
- An opportunity to guide, mentor and develop a team of dedicated professional staff
- A variety of tasks, challenges and opportunities for growth and change
- Training from your initial orientation to ongoing professional development that will give you the tools you need to be successful
- The Manitoba government has a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, family related leave and a defined-benefit pension plan
Advertisement # 37201
Service Centre 4
Human Resource Services
600-259 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB , R3B 2A9
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source