AY3 Administrative Secretary 3
Public Guardian and Trustee, Consumer Protection
Advertisement Number: 37052
Salary(s): AY3 $41,136.00 – $47,018.00 per year
Closing Date: February 7, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
This is a Designated Bilingual position. The successful candidate must be able to communicate (verbal and written) in both official languages (French and English).
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Designated Bilingual position (French and English).
- Experience performing administrative duties such as typing, data entry (spreadsheet and data base), maintaining electronic and manual filing systems and operating office equipment
- Experience providing reception duties including the operation of a large multi-line switchboard
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling private and sensitive material
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage a high volume of work
- Ability to maintain accuracy with attention to detail
- Excellent English written communication skills, including (but not limited to) the preparation of various complex business documents, reports, letters and memos
- Excellent French written communication skills, including (but not limited to) the preparation of various complex business documents, reports, letters and memos
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with senior managers, other departmental staff, external agencies, professionals, and the general public
- Ability to work co-operatively and constructively as part of a team
- Excellent English verbal communication skills
- Excellent French verbal communication skills
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent applications
- Successful completion of a recognized secretarial training program.
- Professional experience dealing with people who have a mental illness, dementia or vulnerable people living with a mental disability
This position is the receptionist for the Office of The Public Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba. The incumbent will be responsible for dealing professionally with clients and the public in person and on the phone, will answer routine inquiries and provide information concerning office practices and policies as required. The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining the switchboard rotation schedule, payment of client invoices and bills, as well as the distribution of required materials to clients, staff and the public.
Advertisement # 37052
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
View original article here Source